By accepting participation (via email, phone, message or verbally) in any event, exhibit, pop-up or group show at Hemlock Art Space & Gallery, the artist agrees to the following:
- I the artist am responsible for delivering my artwork to the gallery and establishing full retail price(s). All works must be for sale (no NFS).
-All items are to be tagged with the price, title, and the name of the artist on the back of each work. All works must be ready to hang or display. All 2-dimensional work must be properly wired for hanging or have appropriate saw tooth or D-rings for hanging. Works with inappropriate hardware will not be displayed.
- All work and merchandise presented for sale at Hemlock will be on consignment basis. Upon sale of artwork, the artist will receive 60% of the retail price. The gallery will receive a commission of 40%.
- The consignment period will expire at the end of the participating show. If artwork is in a group or individual show within the gallery, artwork must remain in the gallery until the exhibit has ended or the work(s) has/have been sold. Upon this agreement’s expiration, the artist will make arrangements to come pick up any works, which may not have sold.
- Upon delivery of artwork, each piece will be inventoried and reviewed by the gallery. The gallery will take all precautions to protect the safety of the artwork, but it will not insure individual pieces. Artists are required to carry their own insurance on their artwork. The gallery is not responsible for works that are left after a shows expiration, and will claim no responsibility for damaged works left past that date.
-Placement and hanging of work(s) will be decided solely upon the gallery. The gallery reserves the right to decline any work that is unsuitable or inconsistent with the quality and style represented. Works may be hung saloon style, pending the amount of work in the exhibition.
- If you have made sales, the gallery will contact you by telephone or email and you can pick up your check/cash at the end of the existing show.
- Any work left for more then 30 days after scheduled pick up date on the contract, with no prior arrangement, will be deemed abandoned and become property of Hemlock art Space & Gallery. The gallery is not responsible for storing works after the end of a show and will claim no responsibility to damages after the participating show has ended.
- I give Hemlock permission to use digital/printed images of any art work on its website or for any promotional purposes as well as all other outlets including but not limited to newspapers, magazines, and other forms of electronic publications.
- Artists are recommended to attend opening receptions to increase sales of their works. Attendance does not require the artist to stay the full duration of an opening, but suggest that s/he make an appearance.
*****By accepting participation in any gallery exhibition, pop-up or group show at Hemlock Art Space & Gallery (via email, instant message, text, phone or any other communication, the artist therefore legally agrees to these terms an conditions.
(Accepting participation includes verbal, online or written agreement to participate in an event at Hemlock. By confirming and participating, you legally agree to the above terms and conditions.) ****